Share on Twitter

Saturday, August 13, 2011

THE STORY OF YOU.

Not the right size.
Not the right hair do, texture or whatever the excuse.
Small breasts, wide hips, big lips.                                
Not your definition of pretty.
Not the right look for TV.

Courtesy of  freedom1926.wordpress.com


Unseen on DVD's.
Not your typical sex symbol,
no room at all where I last looked.

Thank you for not confining my curvaceous frame into your plastic space.
Thank you for saving me the trouble of living up to your pretentious ways.
What would i do if your sentiments were of truth?
Would my spirit take flight and occupy a mannequin, constructed according to your absurd specifications?
Would i doubt praise to my claim, in recognition of the fire that is my beauty?

My round, juicy , perfectly formed image of the One Who molded my form from creation
is expression enough for the bold and not so beautiful.
A voice of power among those long muted.
Better than canvas, Polaroid or pixels combined, often conformed to your flawed expectations and perceptions.
Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder; blame your compromised vision, if your opinion they cannot sustain.


I,
the black,
 beautiful one,
melanin filled,
redeemed from anorexic-media venom,
stereotypical conditions,
is hereby declared a living legend,
Unpolished jewel, Unspoken treasure.

Afro-beautiful, Afro-sensual, Afro-talented, Afro-magnetic, Afro- erotic, Afro-lovely, Afro-musical, Afro-Legendary....


4 comments:

  1. I get this....totally. Wrote something along the lines of this. You can check it out here: http://taidi33.blogspot.com/2011/11/i-am-my-hair.html

    Be and let be,
    Love,Just Taidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so get this!!! Wrote something along the lines of this. You can check it out here http://taidi33.blogspot.com/

    The title is 'I am my hair'

    Thanx for writing this and sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Speak and be heard.